Third Place Books Seward Park is temporarily closed, by order of the state. We will reopen as soon as the Stay at Home order is lifted. In the meantime, we're shipping orders placed on our website, so please support our store by shopping our online inventory. We're offering FREE SHIPPING through the end of March on all USPS media mail orders.
All events and book clubs at Third Place Books Seward Park have been postponed through April 30, 2020. We're working to reschedule, so please keep an eye on our website and social media for futher updates. Thank you for your understanding!
Third Place Seward Park is a general-interest bookstore featuring new and used books with a used-book buying counter open seven days a week. We opened our doors in May of 2016 in the Seward Park neighborhood of south Seattle. Our Seward Park location continues the Third Place mission of providing a gathering space for its community by hosting over 200 events a year, including:
- nationally-touring authors, such as James McBride, Marc Maron, Phoebe Robinson, and Timothy Snyder
- local authors, such as Anastacia Renee, Shaun David Hutchinson, and John Medina
- a monthly reading by The African-American Writers' Alliance (second Monday of every month at 7pm)
- a monthly Story Time for Grown Ups (third Sunday of every month at 7pm)
. We also host nine monthly book clubs:
- Black Lit Book Club
- Booze & Lasers: A Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Club
- Drama Club
- In Translation Book Club
- Kids' Club
- Lit Wits: A Teen Book Club
- Queer Lit Book Club
- Reading Through It: A Current Affairs Book Club
- Social Justice Syllabus: Pages Against the Patriarchy
Third Place Books Seward Park shares a space with Raconteur, a full-service restaurant and cafe, as well as a bar serving craft cocktails and beer. Drink specials are available from Raconteur during book clubs and author readings.
Throughout the year, Third Place Books Seward Park hosts Give Back Fundraisers that have raised thousands of dollars for our local schools and community organizations. For information and to schedule a Give Back Fundraiser, see our informational page.