Third Place Books Seward Park is open for in-store browsing daily from 9am to 9pm. For the health and safety of our staff and community, customers are required to follow our Code of Conduct while on the premises.
While our in-store event programming is paused, we're hosting an array of virtual programming with your favorite (and soon to be favorite) authors! You can check our virtual event calendar here. Our book clubs are also meeting virtually on Zoom.
Coming soon to Third Place Books Seward Park: Chuck's Hop Shop!
Third Place Seward Park is a general-interest bookstore featuring new and used books with a used-book buying counter open seven days a week. We opened our doors in May of 2016 in the Seward Park neighborhood of south Seattle. Our Seward Park location continues the Third Place mission of providing a gathering space for its community by hosting over 200 events a year, including:
- nationally-touring authors, such as James McBride, Marc Maron, Phoebe Robinson, and Timothy Snyder
- local authors, such as Anastacia Renee, Shaun David Hutchinson, and John Medina
- a monthly reading by The African-American Writers' Alliance (on pause due to COVID-19)
- a monthly Story Time for Grown Ups (on pause due to COVID-19)
. We also host seven monthly book clubs, all meeting virtually on Zoom for the time being:
- Black Lit Book Club
- Booze & Lasers: A Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Club
- In Translation Book Club
- KCTS 9 Book Club
- Queer Lit Book Club
- Reading Through It: A Current Affairs Book Club
- Social Justice Syllabus: Native Lands, Native Lives
Throughout the year, Third Place Books Seward Park hosts Give Back Fundraisers that have raised thousands of dollars for our local schools and community organizations. For information and to schedule a Give Back Fundraiser, see our informational page.