A volume written as homage to Arthur C. Clarke's Tales from the White Hart, featuring original stories from many of today's top genre writers, including Neil Gaiman, Charles Stross, Stephen Baxter, James Lovegrove, Liz Williams, Adam Roberts, Eric Brown, Ian Watson, and David Langford.
The Fountain: a traditional London pub situated in Holborn, just off Chancery Lane, where Michael, the landlord, serves excellent real ales and dodgy ploughman's, ably assisted by barmaids Sally and Bogna.
The Fountain, in whose Paradise bar a group of friends - scientists, writers and genre fans - meet regularly on a Tuesday night to swap anecdotes, reveal wondrous events from their past, tell tall tales, talk of classified invention and, maybe, just maybe, save the world...
1. Introduction - Peter Weston
2. No Smoke without Fire - Ian Whates
3. Transients - Stephen Baxter
4. Forever Blowing Bubbles - Ian Watson
5. On the Messdecks of Madness - Paul Graham Raven
6. The Story Bug - James Lovegrove
7. "And Weep Like Alexander" - Neil Gaiman
8. The Ghost in the Machine - Colin Bruce
9. The Hidden Depths of Bogna - Liz Williams
10. A Bird in Hand - Charles Stross
11. In Pursuit of the Chuchunaa - Eric Brown
12. The Cyberseeds - Steve Longworth
13. Feathers of the Dinosaur - Henry Gee
14. Book Wurms - Andy West
15. The Pocklington Poltergeist - David Langford
16. The Last Man in Space - Andrew J Wilson
17. A Multiplicity of Phaedra Lament - Peter Crowther
18. The Girl With the White Ant Tattoo - Tom Hunter
19. The 9,000,000,001st Name of God - Adam Roberts
20. About the Authors