Out of stock, usually available in 3-10 days
From America's foremost authorities on birds, this pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States.
Is that butterfly outside your window a Monarch or a Giant Swallowtail? What's the best kind of feeder for attracting birds to your backyard? This pocket-size, brilliantly colorful, simple-to-use guide is an ideal introduction to the birds of the Eastern United States. It contains dozens of full-color photographs that enable readers of all ages to identify the most common species; range maps; tips on attracting and observing birds; information on habitat needs, life cycle, food preferences; and much more.
Special features include:
- Coverage of 100 speices
- Unique organization by birds' plumage colors
- User-friendly color tab index for quick reference
- Brilliant full-color photographs of each species, plus separate images of male and female when plumage differs
- Useful tips for attracting birds
- Information on voice, habitat, nest, eggs, incubation time, population trends, behavior, birdhouse and feeder preferences, and much more